A Note from the Managing Director
Welcome to The Broad - a tabula rasa for student journalism.
For many of us, myself included, we’re half-starved for well-written opinion among the swathes of online commentary among universities. Trashy, often unedited writing is published minute by minute. It seems where there is wifi, opinion is broadcast. So, here at The Broad we’ve decided to take a step back, a deep breath and focus. We have talent spotted and welcomed writers to the team, who have found a new home in the very collaborative environment created by our editors. Between writer and editor, we are hoping to challenge the current view of what it is to be a student journalist. We’re putting the way we feel about the world into words with a fresh take. Our entirely free online content is by students for students. We want to publish unbridled and beautifully written opinion. I hope the journalism on The Broad has the power to inspire, aggravate and sometimes silence. Essentially, if the girls, the boys, the lefties, the righties and everyone in between find something to shout about we’re doing our job right.
Helena Irvine, Managing Director
- Why don't you care about Jeremy Corbyn's anti-semitism? (9,610 reads)
- What can we learn from this pandemic? (4,327 reads)
- The dangers of influencer culture (3,301 reads)
- The NHS is not a charity! (3,242 reads)
- This election I will vote for the SNP... But I don't want to! (2,445 reads)