Let’s petition to make supermarkets a basket case
There’s nothing quite like a modern British supermarket. Aisle upon aisle of soothingly uniform stacked goods accompanied by the monotonous, distant beep of the tills, it’s a somewhat sedative experience….
Should Argentina be hosting the G20 summit?
When President Macri won the bid for this year’s G20 summit, in 2016, shortly after being inaugurated, he could never have predicted the economic and political climate he would be…
Prioritise climate change in your diet because you can
Climate catastrophe, impending doom; following the most recent IPCC reports, it seems there is a renewed sense of urgency to implement serious global change before it really is too late….
A Note from the Managing Director
Welcome to The Broad - a tabula rasa for student journalism.
For many of us, myself included, we’re half-starved for well-written opinion among the swathes of online commentary among universities. Trashy, often unedited writing is published minute by minute. It seems where there is wifi, opinion is broadcast. So, here at The Broad we’ve decided to take a step back, a deep breath and focus. We have talent spotted and welcomed writers to the team, who have found a new home in the very collaborative environment created by our editors. Between writer and editor, we are hoping to challenge the current view of what it is to be a student journalist. We’re putting the way we feel about the world into words with a fresh take. Our entirely free online content is by students for students. We want to publish unbridled and beautifully written opinion. I hope the journalism on The Broad has the power to inspire, aggravate and sometimes silence. Essentially, if the girls, the boys, the lefties, the righties and everyone in between find something to shout about we’re doing our job right.
Helena Irvine, Managing Director
- Boris vs Voltaire: What does it mean to ‘believe in Britain’?
- I voted for Jeremy Hunt, but Boris Johnson is already impressing me
- The Conservatives are hypocrites for complaining about losing votes to Farage
- Drag culture or cultural appropriation?
- The Conservative Leadership Contest is Wasting Precious Time
- Women, the world over, need free sanitary products (4,824 reads)
- The magic in(sanity) of children (3,855 reads)
- Stacey Dooley is breathing new life into the traditional media (3,517 reads)
- #Time4Change: How do we change inequality of reward? (3,513 reads)
- Laughing at Shamima Begum is inexcusable (3,194 reads)